WHO WE ARE
Functions of the ESE
The ESE has two main functions to fulfil, that is to:
- Act as a primary market for the raising of new capital by companies through the sale of securities to investors, and
- Provide a secondary market for the subsequent trading of these securities in a supervised and regulated environment.
The ESE aims to provide the right kind of product to suit investors and issuers so that it meets growing customer demands and challenges of the globalization of financial markets. This can be achieved through product innovation and diversification. The following products are currently offered;
- Corporate Bonds
- Government Bonds
- The ESE is an active member of the Committee of SADC Stock Exchanges (CoSSE).
- The ESE is a member of the African Securities Exchange Association (ASEA).
- The ESE is the National Numbering Agency and a Member of the Association of National Numbering Agencies (ANNA).
The ESE Vision
- We strive to be the most functional stock exchange in Africa providing an attractive investment environment.
The ESE Mission
- We enable companies to list and investors to trade in securities thus, enabling an effective mobilisation of capital in order to promote economic development in Eswatini.
THE ESE STATEMENT OF VALUES
- Creativity and innovation - Personal learning, growth, development, and coaching others.
- Teamwork and collaboration - Knowledge sharing and communication, and Customer orientation.
- Corporate and personal ethics - Credibility, transparency and accountability, and Risk management.
- Committed to realising value and converting value to competitive advantage - Committed to continuous improvement.
- Achievement driven – Excellence and Results focused.